In my last post, I shared the 5 best summer weekend getaways in BC that are less than 6 hours drive away from Vancouver. This time, I will be sharing the 5 best weekend getaways on Vancouver Island.
How to Save Money with BC Ferries Vacations
As you may already know, the round-trip ferry ride for 2 adults + 1 vehicle can get quite expensive. The ferry cost for our trip to Victoria last year was close to $200. In order to make these weekend Vancouver Island getaways affordable, check out BC Ferries Vacations website for some great promotions. They regularly offer 3rd night free or complimentary room upgrade promotion that could really help bring down the cost.
For comparison shopping, BC Ferries Vacations’ prices usually include hotel room cost, round-trip ferry ride for 2 adults + 1 vehicle, complimentary parking and more.
If you are interested in visiting Victoria or Tofino, check out my last post here.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and apply for a credit card.
Closest Ferry Terminal: Nanaimo, 1 hour 15 mins drive
– Learn the history of the Comox Valley at Courtenay & District Museum
– Try the gin made with local BC honey at Wayward Distillery
– Take a walk or jog around the Air Park
– Golf at the Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community
– Canoe or kayak on the Comox Lake
Closest Ferry Terminal: Nanaimo, 45 minutes drive
– Learn the local history at the Parksville Museum
– Visit the Coombs Old Country Market with Goals on the Roof!
– Enjoy a spa day at the Grotto Spa at the Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort
– Take a walk on the Rathtrevor Beach
– Have some family fun at the Paradise Mini Golf and Fun Park
– Explore the caves at the Horns Lake Caves Provincial Park
Quadra Island, BC
Closest Ferry Terminals: Nanaimo, 1 hour 40 minutes to Campbell River Terminal
– Visit the Discovery Passage Aquarium
– Hike to Elk Falls or Deer Falls
– Join one of the guided kayak tours offered by Quadra Island Kayaks
– Play a round of golf at the Quadra Island Golf Club
– Take a walk on the beach and visit the Cape Mudge Lighthouse
Closest Ferry Terminal: Swartz Bay, 1 hour drive
– Visit the Sooke Region Museum & Visitor Centre
– Try one of the award-winning gins at Sheringham Distillery
– Spend a morning on a scenic hike on The Coast Trail in East Sooke Park
– Try a tasty treat or drink at the Tugwell Creek Honey Farm and Meadery
– Go on a whale watching tour
Closest Ferry Terminal: Nanaimo, 2 hours 45 minutes drive
– Visit the Amphitrite Point Lighthouse
– Go on a bear or whale watching tour with Jamie’s Whaling Station
– Visit the Ucluelet Aquarium
– Take a morning walk on the scenic Wild Pacific Trail
– Take home one of the hand-crafted vodka or gin at Pacific Rim Distilling