Join me on Instagram or subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss any Monday Hour One post!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Accomplishments by Category
💰 Personal Finance – bought ETF 4 times, helped Eric open his TFSA account with Questrade for 2021!
🎓 CPA – “re-attempted” Assignment Set #5 through #8; attempted Practice Exam #1 & 2
✍ jenthinks – 7 posts
📚 Reading – 57% done with Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
Another 2-week Monday Hour One and here are the highlights of my past 2 weeks:
- I managed to “re-attempt” assignment set #1 to 8 just before November was over. I took a few rest days in between as well. I put re-attempt in quotation because I didn’t actually work on all cases from scratch in an exam setting. I did, however, made a lot of debriefing notes as intended. I plan on studying off those notes in preparation for CFE too. For the next week, I am going to focus on studying since my exam is coming up really soon. After that, it’s 2021 planning time!
- I got my picture taken with one of the gigantic Christmas trees at Tsawwassen Mills! We went to the mall after work one night basically just for this. I also managed to help a family take theirs in front of the tree as well (used my phone so I didn’t have to touch their phone for safety precaution). I am not sure if malls are still doing Santa pictures this year so I hope those pictures were a good little back up option for them.
- We also drove around the neighbourhood to watch Christmas light displays. I did my homework beforehand so we drove from house to house and street to street. If you live in the Lower Mainland, click the picture below for a list of intersections and streets where the decorated houses are in Tsawwassen & Ladner.
- Take-outs highlights of the weeks are a couple of places from Richmond (the always-reliable No.9 Restaurant and Potelicious) and a Japanese restaurant close to home in Tsawwassen.
- I love candles but I don’t buy enough of them. In fact, I don’t remember the last time I bought any. I have a set of essential oils from The Body Shop a long time ago and am still trying to go through them using a ceramic tealight holder. However, I found a couple of candles from HomeSense the other day and love how good this one from Sand + Fog smells so wonderful. The company is founded by 3 women who love dogs so it came with a lid with the cutest Christmas-themed pug drawing on it.